In view of the Governor’s recent orders 2020-175 and 2020-176 allowing the reopening of gyms and fitness centers, the East Tawas Community Center plans to reopen on Monday, September 14 in a limited capacity. The facility will be open for track and gym floor use only, Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Due to the extensive sanitation requirements, use of all exercise equipment will be prohibited until further notice. Facility usage guidelines and requirements will be posted later next week.
East Tawas Community Center
The Center will reopen Monday, September 14, 2020 in limited capacity:
- Monday thru Friday only from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Due to stringent sanitization requirements, the Circuit training room and exercise equipment on the track will not be available at this time. Track and floor activities only at this time.
- There will be no facility rentals due to the 10 person limit on indoor gatherings.
- There will be limited capacities (15 on the track at one time, 12 on the gym floor at one time and 10 in the Multi-Purpose room waiting to go in).
- According to the Governor’s order, face masks must be worn at all times, even while exercising (including when walking, playing pickleball, playing basketball, etc.)
- All patrons will be required to practice social distancing while in the Community Center/City Hall Facility.
- Patrons will be required to fill out and sign a “health screening form”, a sign-in sheet and allow staff to take their temperature. All patrons will be required to sign in and out (as required in the Governor’s order) in order to aid in contact tracing.
Failure to comply with these requirements could result in the closure of the facility.