The City of East Tawas offers a curbside yard waste collection to all residential East Tawas taxpayers as per the following guidelines:
- This pick up is for residential houses only. Commercial uses are not allowed.
- Items will be picked up on a regular schedule every Monday from the first of May (weather providing) through the second Monday of November beginning at 7:00 am. If Monday is a holiday, pick up will be on Tuesday.
- Grass and leaves must be placed in biodegradable paper bags, or in 30-gallon trash containers clearly marked “compostable” on the side. Plastic bags will not be accepted. Please limit the size of your bags to 30 gallons and no heavier than 35 pounds.
- Please don’t mix household trash with compostable materials. We will not pick up mixed bags or cans.
- We will pick up brush and branches up to 3 inches in diameter and no more than 4 feet long. Please tie them into bundles no larger than 20 inches around.
- Place all items at the roadside on your own property. It is not necessary to place items across the street as is required for some garbage collections.
- Items should not be put out until late Sunday. Please do not leave items out all week.
- If you would like to haul your own yard waste materials to the compost area, you may do so by making an appointment with City Hall. The compost is open to residents only. You will need to show your Driver’s License, a Tax bill or a Water bill for address verification at the gate. (989) 362-6161.
- Leaves and brush only. Same regulations apply as curb side pickup
- Commercial contractors are NOT permitted.
Please keep in mind that we pick up bags of yard waste first and then route back and pick up brush and branches. Occasionally there is so much to pick up that we carry over to Tuesday. Please be patient with us - we will get to you. If you feel that we have forgotten or missed any items in front of your property, please contact City Hall at (989) 362-6161 or email@example.com.
Christmas Tree Disposal
Christmas Trees will be collected starting January 1st through the third week of January on the normal collection day, Monday.
- Be sure to remove all tinsel, garland and non-organic materials from the tree.
- Do NOT place the tree in a plastic disposal bag.
- Place the tree with the trunk facing the street for easy collection. (not protruding into the street).