With Branches in Au Gres, East Tawas, Hale, Omer, Oscoda, Standish, Tawas City and Whittemore
WE ARE MORE THAN BOOKS!
- FREE WiFi and public use computers available at every branch. Broadband access to the Internet and the world
- Digital access via OverDrive, Hoopla and RBDigital to e-books, downloadable audio books, full-text magazines, comic books, movies, TV shows, music and more
- Interloan services from Valley Library Consortium libraries, MelCat and OCLC with access to and borrowing from ALL of the Michigan university libraries, over 320 Michigan public libraries and libraries all over the U.S
- Pre-publication requesting allowing borrowers to request titles being published in the next six months
- Programs for all ages including Fall and Winter Pre-school storytimes, Summer Reading fun for kids (and grown-ups too), Historical Society and Genealogical Society programs (funding from the District as part of a community partnership), crafts, author visits, and more
- Opportunities for volunteers and invitations to join Friends groups supporting their home libraries
- Notary by appointment
- Interactive Iosco-Arenac District Library website and Facebook pages
- Access to MeL Databases (Michigan Electronic Library) at MeL.org and to databases at the library for in-house use including Ancestry-Library Edition, an archive of local newspapers (a shared project being worked on by the Huron Shores Genealogical Society).
Visit our branch libraries (your Iosco-Arenac District Library card is good at all locations) and watch the website www.ioscoarenaclibrary.org for more…